We had to stop packing the U Haul to call the police about a guy breaking into an apartment 10 meters away from us. The same guy was in the middle of the sidewalk beside a busy road waving a 7’ long sharpened stick while yelling about the Vietcong a few weeks ago. This is a pretty good window into what Saskatoon has been to us.
betterlivingthroughjunkculture said: Visiting Halifax for the first time in a few weeks. What are the best "outside of the guidebooks" places to visit / see / eat at / etc.?
- Eat at The Foggy Goggle
- Shop at Biscuit, Black Market and Dress in Time
- Get tea at World Tea House
- Check out Agricola street: Lost and Found, Hali Deli, Lion and Bright, Obsolete Records, etc
- Argyle St has all the best food
- Avoid Pizza Corner at night, it’s messy and full of barfing students
- Barrington St is a desolate wasteland, but it does have Venus Envy, which is an amazing sex shop
- Take the ferry, if you can
- Strange Adventures and Taz Records are both great